Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Santa snackers...yum!

I wanted to get up early this morning to go running, but I was having this really neat dream about making a good grade on the paper I just wrote, so I decided that I must stay in bed to see what happens. Plus we had Santa Snackers Lunch today at work and I wanted to be sure I had plenty of time to get ready and not look too gross!

I went to the rec center when I got off work to use the track to calibrate my new Nike+ thingy. I usually despise running around a track (especially this one because it's only 200 meters around) because I have such a hard time keeping count of the laps that I complete--so if I want to run 3 miles I have to run....hmmm let's see there are 8 laps to a mile times 3 that equals 24 laps!!!! I can't count that high while I am running; I have too much other stuff on my mind. I try to break it down to sets of eight but I just get confused :(

Anyway, I did a half mile to calibrate the new toy and then did 2 more miles. Here are my stats...

Distance: 2.02 miles
Time: 17:28
Pace: 8:38 min/mi
Calories: 210
Times I got confused about which lap I was on: zero--because the damn thing talks to me and tells me how far I've gone and how much I have left to do :D

I can also track my progress and set goals for myself on the Nike website. I have officially set a goal for myself:
---80 miles in the next 3 weeks
hmmm??? I think I can do more than that but because it is my first goal, I will start small. Also I don't like goals too much...it means I have to make a commitment and I don't particularly like commitments.

1 comment:

[rich] said...

Good pace :-) Sounds like the iPod nike thing is working well.