Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Quick dip in the pool

Went for a 45 minute swim this a.m. I just started swimming on a regular basis recently and I can feel myself getting stronger in the water. I think swimming is a great way to let my running muscles rest while I still work the rest of my body...and it gets my heart rate up!

After my swim I sat in the sauna for about 5 minutes to dry off. I was thinking how great it would be if Louisiana was the type of place that had hot and dry summers instead of hot and humid. Oh well I guess I'll have to move after i graduate...any suggestions?

I'm really looking forward to my five mile race saturday! I just hope it's not going to be one of those bad runs where the first mile feels like five. Oh well wish me luck :D!!!

3 comments:

[rich] said...

Swimming is great - Just wished I had been taught how to swim properly when I was younger :-(

Good luck with the race.

Anonymous said...

Weather looks good for a Sat am run. 50/78 Good luck. Hope you have a cheering section.

Molly said...

yeah i am really happy about the warm weather...i hate running in the cold!