Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rainy Day Wednesday

When I got off of work today it was pouring down raining. Luckily I had a waterproof windbreaker in my car to wear on my run. I was actually supposed to go swimming this morning before work, but my alarm clock was set for the wrong time so I got up too late. Well, I still got to get wet! The windbreaker was for my iPod because I'm not sure how resistant it is to water and I really didn't want to find out. Has anyone run in the rain with an iPod? I don't have a protective case for it yet--I am hoping Santa will get me one ;)

I never realized how heavy my shoes would be when they are wet. It felt like I had weights around my ankles...but I pulled through and ran all 5.7 miles :-) I was a little worried though because I didn't know what would happen if the chip in my shoe got wet but nothing happend so I guess it is at least moisture resistance which is a plus!

Distance: 5.77 miles
Time: 54:46
Pace: 9:29 min/mile
Calories: 600
Wieght of my wet shoes: 342.6 pounds

3 comments:

[rich] said...

I love running in the rain :-)

I used to have a water proof case for my iPod shuffle, but it broke so I have been running with it in my pocket for about 3 months. It seems to be holding up (it's been wet a alot). I'm not sure I'd want to run with a nano on my arm in the wet though...bzzzzzt!

:-)

Ashley Chin said...

You go girl - getting your run in in the rain! You're a better woman than me!

David said...

342 pound wet shoes may slow you down a lot. Maybe you should punch a drain hole in the bottom. :)