Saturday, December 23, 2006

3 o'clock run

Aha! I was able to get my lazy butt up and out the door around 3 o'clock for an afternoon jog around the small town of Amite. I love being able to just run wherever I please...when I am in Baton Rouge, I really don't have that freedom, but here in Amite I can go everywhere!

I spent most of my day reading and wrapping Christmas gifts--I am a horrible wrapper and as my dad would say jokingly, I have trouble with the rhymes *cue fake laugh* Finally I decided that I had been in the house too long and needed to get moving so I did.

I started out at the end of my driveway after a short talk with the neighbors then headed off not really knowing which route I would take or where I would end up. I kept an eye/ear on the distance while I was running and when I got around 2 miles I started heading back to the house. I ended up running a totalk of 3.5 miles which I am very pleased with considering it is the holidays for me. This is much better than what I normally would do during a holiday break! Here are my stats:

Distance: 3.49 miles
Time: 31.54 minutes
Pace: 9:06 min/mile
Calories: 363

1 comment:

[rich] said...

Well done on getting out over the holidays - it's way to easy to out your feet up and have drink ;-)

Hope you have a great Xmas.