Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Beatin' the sun

I got kind of a late start this evening. Got off of work and went straight to the lakes, but got caught on the phone. Note to self: Don't pick up phone before run!
Another note to self: Don't forget your watch...idiot!

I was a little sketched out towards the end of the run. I don't mind running at night (in fact I love it when I am back home) but running in a city notorious for serial killers and the D.C. sniper...ummm yeah I think you get the point. Nevertheless, it made me pick up my pace quite a bit.

I wanted to run around both lakes but cut it short because of the no light issue. Right around the middle I started having stomach cramps...to get rid of them I tightened my stomach muscles and leaned onto that side (I read in a magazine that this is supposed to help)...they went away so I guess it worked. I probably looked bonkers doing it though.

Stats:
Miles: 4.o miles
Time: 37 minutes
Avg. Pace: 9:25/mile
Music: Bush
Third Eye Blind
Janis Joplin
Thoughts: Why the hell are all these street lamps off?
Serial Killers: 0...whew! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't beat running in the dark - until you start thinking about lurking nutters...

- JoggerBlogger

[rich] said...

Looks like I can comment on blogs now with my new google log-in, not sure why it's needed, odd.

But hi again anyway :-)

Molly said...

that's awesome!! i'm glad it is finally working.