Thursday, January 4, 2007

It's Good to be Back!

After a short break from running, blogging, and responsible life in general, I am back! I had extremely high hopes of jumping straight back into running, but yesterday was so busy. Let me give you the run down of my first day back...
1. Wake up at zero five hundred to go to the Rec Center to swim some laps.
2. Swim for about 4o minutes (trying out my new swim cap and gym bag I got for Christmas)
3. Go to work from 8:00 to 3:30 (I even brought clothes, shoes, iPod, etc. to work so I wouldn't have any excuses for going home and being lazy)
4. Received a phone call from a friend and talked for about 2 hours
5. Received a phone call from my parents informing me of the LSU football party they were having and was asked to attend
6. Had a long and heated debate with myself about either going or staying home and running *note* this conversation with myself was held out loud...I wonder what my neighbors think?
7. Finally decided to go to the party
8. Got stuck in Baton Rouge traffic on the interstate...cursed at every car that was in front of me and made myself hoarse
9. Arrived at my parents' friends' home 30 minutes late and starving
10. Ate about 10.67 tons worth of food and 4 diet cokes
11. Watched the football game and felt grossly fat
12. Arrived back at my apartment around 12 and had midnight munchies...ate even more food!
13. Went to bed feeling like a beached whale

So to sum up...the only exercise I did was swim some measly laps and I ate way too much! Hopefully this afternoon will be different...I am turning my phone off because it appears that it was the cause of my downfall! Damn you cingular!

2 comments:

[rich] said...

Happy New Year good to hear from you again :-)

Ashley Chin said...

Congrats to LSU. As a BAMA alumni, I'm not really into LSU football, but I'm happy for all the fans - and that we got Sabin! :)