Tuesday, January 9, 2007

10K Training - Day Two

It's actually day one of real training (day one on the schedule was a rest day). I first ran a 2 mile warm up around the track and then did a 4x 1:00 interval run. I did one more mile to cool down and then packed my stuff and went home. I had to deviate from the schedule a tad--I was supposed to do 2 miles to cool down--because I had to give myself enough time to get ready for work. It takes me about 30 minutes to get ready for work (this is extremely fast in woman time)...I have mastered the art of quick showering, dressing, and putting on makeup. YES! Here are my stats for this morning's run:

Distance: 3.81
Time: 38:29
Pace: 10:05 min/mi
Calories: 397
Tunes: Feel Fine-Augustana
One More Murder - Better than Ezra
Every Me and Every You-Placebo
Can't Fight This Feeling-REO Speedwagon
But Anyway-Blues Traveler
Don't You Forget About Me-Billy Idol
Boston-Augustana

Student Teaching Update: For any of you who didn't know, I am about to go into my last semester at LSU, and I will be student teaching starting next Wednesday. Today I got a call from my University Supervisor, and she told me what school I would be at, which grade I would be teaching, and what teacher I would be working with. I am teaching a 6th grade Language Arts class, and even though I wasn't expecting to teach students at a such a young age, I am really excited about starting. I love working with kids...trying to keep up with them and listening to all their drama makes my job so fun :) I can't wait...wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ashley Chin said...

Nice intervals! Good luck with your student teaching, it's exhausting, but fun! (And sixth graders ARE SO dramatic!!)

Molly said...

I know I can't wait!

[rich] said...

Hope that the teaching gig goes well :-P Kids are MAD!

Every Me and Every You-Placebo - CLASS! I love Placebo.