Thursday, January 4, 2007

First run post break

Because it is raining cats and dogs and whatever animal there is to rain, I had to complete my run treadmill style...ick! I used to run on the treadmill all the time when I first started running, but then I discovered the joy of running outside on the streets. Now the treadmill is a foreboding monotonous machine that I try to stay clear of.
Tonight was my first run since my long hiatus, and I had a feeling it wasn't going to be as bad as I made myself think. I tend to feel really strong on runs after a long break (plus I think my swimming is helping me raise my heart rate reserve...i think that is what it is called?) Anyway I can run longer and harder without getting winded as fast.
When I first got on the monotonous monster, I realized that my iPod battery was about to die...NOOOOO! I knew that I would never be able to run very long on that thing without some tunes. So I told myself that I would run until my battery gave out (thinking it would be only a mile or so...yet another excuse to be lazy), and wouldn't you know the damn thing lasted for three miles! LOL That's not a very far run, but considering that I thought I was going to get away with a mile and a half, I ran more than I thought I would :D So here are my stats for tonight's run:
Distance: 3.14 miles (and the iPod was still holding on)
Time: 29:13
Pace: 9:16 min/mile
Calories: 327
Tunes: Mouth-Bush
One More Murder-Better than Ezra
Flower Man-Tonic
A Tendency to Start Fires-Bush
If You Talk too Much-People in Planes




This is where I ran tonight--the rec room in my apartment complex...I don't use it as often as I should, but then again half the stuff you see is "out of order"

1 comment:

[rich] said...

LOL That will teach ya! good run back , I know what you mean about treadmills. I've only ever used them a few times - 3.5 miles feels like 20.