Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Day of Student Teaching!

And it was awesome! I'm student teaching at a great middle school, under a great supervising teacher! I'm so excited; I can't wait until I really get into teaching.

Put in a cold three miles after work this evening. It was tough because I was exhausted from being on my feet all day and going through all the emotions due to first day jitters. It's amazing how fast you fatigue when you're nervous and tense.

My three miles though they were cold (by my standards--40 degrees) were actually pretty easy. It was also a great way to release some of the tension I had been carrying around with me since 5:00 this morning. I decided to run outside tonight because I knew finding a parking spot at the Rec Center would be nearly impossible and I didn't want to have to go around that track 24 times...BORING! Even though I was running at night, I felt pretty safe. There were plenty of cars on the road so I knew noone would mess with me. Plus I looked pretty menacing in my multitude of layers and knit cap--I'm sure I looked more like a man than a woman. All in all I'm glad I didn't shirk today's run; I definitely felt better and was proud of myself after.

Here are my stats:
Distance:3.15 miles
Time: 30:01
Pace: 9:31 min/mi
Calories:328
Tunes:
Insect Skin-Bush
How's It Gonna Be-Third Eye Blind
Blister in the Sun-Violent Femmes
Right Through You-Alanis Morissette
Lips Like Morphine-Kill Hannah
Stars and Boulevards-Augustana
16 Horses-Soul Coughing
Flower Man-Tonic

4 comments:

[rich] said...

Sounds like you had a good first day - hope they continue to stay great :-)

Molly said...

haha...gosh I hope so too!

Ashley Chin said...

LOVE Blister in the Sun! It's currently on my shuffle. Check out the soundtrack from Grosse Point Blank - it, and a lot of other good running stuff - is on there. Great job with your first day teaching!

buryblue said...

Congratulations on your first day I am sure it will be tempting to skip the the running at times. I get this way sometimes and force myself out promising I will only do a mile and before I know it I have down 5 miles thinking about the day!

I like your site especially your notes on the music you listen to as you run

Cheers

Paul