Friday, January 5, 2007

Early bird gets the worm

Or a couple of sore legs!

I woke up this morning at 5:00 am to get my run on. This morning was unusual because I normally wake up only enough to walk over and turn off my alarm clock, but this morning I turned off my alarm clock, got dressed, and headed to the Rec Center.

I decided to change up my run, and instead of just running 3 or 4 miles, I ran 2 miles and then 8 sets of a 200 meter tempo run. My legs are yelling at me right now :( I think they are in shock because I normally try not to run too hard...because I am lazy and I don't like to make myself tired hehe! Anyway here are my stats (keep in mind the second set consisted of a lot of walking...my new Nike+ thingy doesn't do lap times or at least I don't think it does...I shall investigate):

2 MILE RUN:
Distance: 2 miles (obviously)
Time: 19:42
Pace: 9:47 min/mile
Calories: 209

TEMPO RUN:
Distance: 1.44 miles
Time: 15:19
Pace: 10:35
Calories: 150
Tunes: 12 Monkeys-Saul Williams
God of Wine-Third Eye Blind
Til I Hear It from You-Gin Blossoms
Mary Jane-Alanis Morissette
Narcolepsy-Third Eye Blind
Move Over-Janis Joplin
Carolina Blues-Blues Traveler
16 Horses-Soul Coughing
Allison Road-Gin Blossoms















These aren't the greastest pictures (I must really learn how to take a decent photo) but this is where I run when it's either: a.) raining outside and I don't feel like running on a treadmill b.) it's dark outside and I value my life more than my running health or c.) I feel ambitious and decide to do a run which involves laps or a specific distance

4 comments:

[rich] said...

Well done on getting up and running early - I just don't seem to be able to do it this time of year, I don't seem to struggle in the summer so much. I think that it's because it doesn't get light until about 8.00am then gets dark again about 3.00pm.

The running track looks cool - I don't think that there is one around here :-( wished there was :-)

jogblog said...

5am? Are you mad?!! :-)

Ashley Chin said...

Welcome to the 5am club! One friend I work out with actually gets to the gym at 4:30 - that's still the middle of the night in my book!
Your pics of the track at the rec center make me nostalgic for the track at Bama. I ran (listening to Madonna on a WALKMAN!!) every day for YEARS around that track

Phil said...

I came across your blog from Joggerbloggers place. Great stuff and just to be big headed i got up earlier than you this morning and went for a run :)