Thursday, January 11, 2007

10K Training-Day Three and Day Four

Let me just say for the record that I had every intention on running the suggested three miles on the schedule!! But my friend called me Tuesday night and said, "Hey want to come see S. and P. play a gig at Mellow Mushroom?" Of course my first response was "Nah, I have to get up early tomorrow morning" (see I was trying to be good). Then I started thinking...ok I only have a short time to live my life while I'm young, and pretty soon I'll be working a real job and I won't have time to go out on weeknights anymore. So I called my friend back and said count me in.




I went out, had a great time drinking and listening to live music, and got home around2:30 a.m. I swear I still thought I would get up at 5:30 and try to run (must have had a little too much to drink). Of course I didn't get up early...I barely got up in time to get ready for work! But throughout the day I kept telling myself I would run after work, but then I remembered I had to meet one of my classmates to study for a test I am taking this Saturday. So in short, I did not run at all on Wednesday, and to top it off, I did not run this morning either. I was just so groggy when I got up so I went back to sleep for an hour. But all is not lost--I took some great pictures at Mellow Mushroom...here are a couple...



My friend built a beer bucket castle....ooohhhh!!



4 comments:

[rich] said...

I'm sure that should be down in the schedule ;-)

Molly said...

yes i agree every schedule should allow for at least one night of drinking!

[rich] said...

I like the one day on one day off work out routine ;-)

jogblog said...

I think you got your schedule from the same place I get mine :-)