Monday, May 14, 2007

Two More

I didn't take a day off yesterday, I just didn't have internet to create a post for my run--ah the difficulties of rural life!

Yesterday, I ran with Roux about 1.5 miles. I know that's pitiful, but it was Mother's Day, and I had a lot to eat, and it was Sunday and it's always hard to run on the weekend....sooooo I'm just happy that I got out of the house. I met a nice old man on my way home who lives in the neighborhood I was running through. He has a poodle named Satchmo Armstrong, and I stopped to talk to them for while. I don't particularly like small dogs, but it's funny how these small dogs will run after my Roux (who is on the heavy side at the moment but we are working on that) like they are the same size if not bigger than her. Luckily Roux played it cool and didn't take much interested in Mr. Armstrong.

This morning I ran 3 miles with Roux through town. I felt pretty good although I did stop and walk a ways because I thought Roux looked a little pooped. Of course as soon as we got home she went straight for the pond and just sat there cooling off. Oh did I mention how warm it has gotten...yeah it's hot and humid, but i know it will only get worse as the summer progresses. We don't have spring here in Louisiana just a mild winter and then...bam...it's hot as hell! I wish I could just jump in the pond; what a nice end to a run that would be!

3 comments:

[rich] said...

trash trolls :-)

don't know how you cope with the hot weather.

David said...

Roux knows how to handle it! Jump right in.

[rich] said...

How's things going these days? :-D