Saturday, May 12, 2007

Back in BR

Woke up fairly early this morning--6:20--and decided to watch some television before I headed out for my run. Usually this is an excuse to skip my run, but after the show ended, I jumped up, put on some jogging gear, and headed out.

I jogged down Nicholson Drive which is a high traffic area during the week, but this being Saturday there weren't as many cars out hence I was not breathing in massive amounts of noxious fumes. I did however come across some lovely ladies who had community service duty and were picking up the trash on the side of the road. I saw them in the distance, and the whole time I was approaching them, I tried to think what I should do when I crossed by them. Of course I thought about just ignoring them, but that seemed rude--because if I had done something to break the law and thus had to do trash cleanup, I wouldn't want some snooty college coed turning her nose up at me. So then I thought I should smile and wave, but then I thought that could be misinterpreted as "haha you have to clean road scum while I am out exercising my body on this glorious day." So by this time I was very close to passing them; I decided to look away, but then I just had to smile and wave...it's in my nature. All the ladies just kind of squinted at me and said something I didn't understand. Oh well...at least I didn't stop and take a picture of them to show to all my blogging friends :) I really did want to!

So after my encounter with the trash trolls I ended up jogging/walking about three miles...pretty lame I know, but I am getting stronger and soon I will be doing 26 miles LOL! No I don't know if I could do that but here is for wishful thinking! Cheers!

2 comments:

David said...

Road scum. You could have said, "You missed a wrapper over there." That would have gotten you something you could hear.

Molly said...

that would have been hilarious....or not considering these fine women could probably squash me with the least bit of effort!