Friday, May 11, 2007

A Run With Roux

Now that I am out of school and I have nothing important to do (besides find a job), I went to my parents' house. Yesterday I didn't get to run because I was recovering from end-of-school festivities and I wanted to spend some quality time with my folks. But today I woke up at 6:00 put on some dirty, sweaty running clothes and took roux, the dog, for a jog around the big city of Amite.

Now keep in mind that I have never tried to run with Roux before so I wasn't completely sure how she was going to do running on the leash. Except for the occasional "hold up mom I have to pee" stops, she was great. I could tell that she wanted to run faster, so I sprinted the last 800 meters of my run. After we got back to the house, she took a dip in the pond (I envied her at that point being that it is so freaking hot down here).

I forgot to bring my Nike+ receiver so I don't know how long or how far I went, but I think it was somewhere around 2.5 miles in about 30 minutes. I can feel the subtle change in my body as it is getting used to my running again. Pretty soon I'll be entering some 5K races.

1 comment:

[rich] said...

When I was growing up we used to have a spaniel named "Lucy" that would come running with me everywhere :-D happy days.

Hope the job hunting goes ok.