Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hot and Steamy

Went for an early run this morning (6:20 a.m.), but it feels late considering that I've been getting up at 4:45 every morning to teach. Ahhh feels nice to sleep in! I did a slow 2.11 miles in the hot and humid Louisiana morning air, but thankfully the air quality was back done to "moderately safe"...I'm still kind of waiting until my body--legs especially--get back into shape before I start doing anything challenging or rigorous. Plus I know I'll get turned off to running if I start torturing myself and trying to make myself run harder. I want to get back to where running is fun and then I'll start pushing myself.

I have a long seminar today at the university then I'll do all the paperwork so I can finally be done with this student teaching mess. I miss my students so much, and I have been going over their notes...I don't think there was one kid that I did not like--even the ones that misbehaved had great personalities, and they genuinely wanted to do well. I hope the classes that I teach in the future can be as good as the ones I've taught this semester.

3 comments:

jogblog said...

You get up at 4:45am and then deal with a classroom of kids? Eek.

I ventured out for a 6:30am run last week and thought that was early!

[rich] said...

4:45 NUTTER! The only time I get up at that time is because our crazy small person is up.

I'm glad to hear that you really enjoyed the teaching - must mean it's for you.

PS good to have you back blogging as well ;-)

edinburghrunner said...

I agree 4:45 is crazy stuff. I'm still asleep if I wake up at that time, if that makes sense....