Saturday, February 10, 2007

Weekend Warrior

The warrior part may not be accurate, but it appears that the weekends are the only days when I have time or even feel like running these days. I did a slow loop around the lake and somewhat in College Town. It was chilly (around the low forties) and windy, but that didn't stop me. Well, I did walk for a while, but only to enjoy the scenery--it was a perfectly sunny winter day in Louisiana.

Student teaching is going great so far. I had a tough week last week, and I came home exhausted every afternoon--Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night I went to bed around 8:00 (sad, I know). I love all my classes, and I am looking forward to Monday when my students present their powerpoints they have been working on. Oprah was right, when given an opportunity, kids will never disappoint you. Most people might not have very high expectations for my students who mostly come from low income, single parent families. But so far they have proven that they have so much more potential than I originally thought. Oh enough of my cheesy teacher talk...here are my stats for today (sorry no pictures):

Distance: 5.31 miles
Time: 59:37
Pace: 11:13 min/mi
Calories: 553
Tunes:
Good for You-Third Eye Blind
I Need a Hero-Bonnie Tyler
We Built this City on Rock and Roll-Jefferson Starship
Me and Bobby McGee-Janis Joplin
Jumper-Third Eye Blind
All I Really Want-Alanis Morissette
Wasteland-Augustana
Call Me the Breeze-Lynard Skynard
Molly's Chambers-Kings of Leon
Welcome to Chicago-Kill Hannah
Highway to the Danger Zone-Kenny Loggins

1 comment:

David said...

I love to hear teacher talk. All I ever hear is media, administrator and school board politics talk.

Glad you had a scenic fun winter run day.