Monday, April 23, 2007

Slow and Steady

Well, I went for a short run after a LOOOOONG break this morning.................it was hell! I did one mile at ten minutes/mile; I wanted to make sure I took my time so I wouldn't burn myself out on my first day back. Too bad I was still huffing and puffing afterwards. Even though I felt worn out after ONLY running a mile, I did four alternating laps of sprinting and walking just to get my heart rate up. I am commited to keeping this up....I just spent too much time being lazy!

Student teaching is going great, and it's even better that it's almost over. I just can't wait to graduate! I did some interviews with schools from around Southern Louisiana, but I'm still unsure if I want to stay here. I just got an email from a recruiter in London, and it would be my dream to teach in London. Just don't know what the schools are like and if I can survive being that far away from my home.

4 comments:

[rich] said...

:-) welome to London... I'm sure we'd all say hi.

Good to hear you're back out running and blogging.

Molly said...

yeah for a while at least

jogblog said...

Teach in London?!! Do you know what the kids are like here?!!

It'd certainly be a challenge ;-)

Good to see you back blogging :-)

(Come to London, it's cool really and the kids are all lovely, honest)

Faithful Soles said...

Glad to hear you are back out on the street. I just started back myself about 2 weeks ago. To put a smile on your face, go to my blog and click on the video link under my April 27 post. It is absolutely hilarious, and really makes you wonder why we do this crazy stuff!